Saturday, April 30, 2011

4-30-11

If you did not tune in for the whole brain teaching web cast, you can still watch it at http://www.livestream.com/wholebrainteaching1 

This week was a great experience with the first six brain toys.  The salute has really saved my voice and having to repeat myself multiple times.  The air period is a huge success.  We have even created the air question (draw a question mark and hmm), air exclamation point (draw a ! and make a sizzle sound), the concluder has all ready made a huge difference in my students writing.  I believe that next year is going to be even better.  For example, still seems to be a problem.  The adder is going to take some time.  As Jeff said today, practice makes permanent!  The because slapper is my students favorite because (slap) it give them a chance to be more interactive with their writing.  I say all of my student doing the because slapper while taking their state test. AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!  I am determined to be the best whole brain teacher ever and these are helping to accomplish my goals.

On Monday, I will be starting the next 3 brain toys. (Air blackboard, sockless hand puppets and props)  I am looking forward to giving my students another opportunity to present material to their partners.  I am positive that this will be fun and exciting for my students.  The boys in my class have truly benefited from all of the brain toys thus far.   Check them out at http://www.livestream.com/wholebrainteaching1

I hope that you will implement just a piece of WBT in your classroom and watch it become a masterpiece.  If you have any question please let me know.

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment