Monday, April 25, 2011

4/25/11

Today I introduced the first 6 brain toys to my students. Check them out as the master presents them on live stream http://www.livestream.com/wholebrainteaching1..... Question/Answer, Adder, Concluder, air period, because slapper, and for example.  I would say that it was an experience that I will never forget.  I love the salute because it saves my voice.  Instead of saying "I need a complete sentence/ give me a complete answer" all I have to do is salute.  The concluder is going to catch on rather quickly.  The air period is by far the class favorite.  We even came up with a gesture and sound to go with the air question mark.  We make an air question mark with are right hand and say hmmm after we answer the question. 

I will have to say that this is the hardest thing that I have introduced with whole brain teaching.   This makes me want to continue to work with it.  I feel that this is going to propel my class to the next level in writing.  My students are definably going to have a good time with this as they have fun with all of the whole brain teaching methods. As the Japanese say Gambatte "persevere and don't give up" I will keep you up to date as I review it tomorrow.

p.s. Tomorrow is our state testing for reading.  I know that whole brain teaching has prepared my class for greatness.  Tomorrow we will prove that whole brain is a little crazy and different, but it helps accomplish the ultimate goal of teaching..........to educate!!!!

Stay turned for more

No comments:

Post a Comment